Thursday, May 14, 2015

Day 3 - Finally on the Tail of the Dragon

Left Mount Juliet early, but stymied by allergies and couldn't find anything open at 7am (we're spoiled with 24 hour pharmacies in our area). Finally found a Walmart that opened at 7 - still struggling with the fact that they're not open 24 hours!

I ran the Tail of the Dragon once south before checking in at the Iron Horse just before 1pm.


You can see My Bike and My Room highlighted by arrows below.


Ran the Tail north and then south again. Definitely burned some calories, that's a serious upper body workout.
(VIDEO LINK TO BE ADDED)
I had a great 2nd run south on US 129 (The Tail of the Dragon) but let my GoPro battery get too low and didn't get any video of the 2nd run south. Disappointing, but that's what I get for not using it prior to the trip.

I also ran Highway 28 and a portion of 143, some great twisties on those roads!

Here's our crew at the Stecoah Diner for dinner, a local family run restaurant.



Great group, it was a blast hanging out with them.
We headed back to the lodge after dinner and had meaningful and earth changing conversation around the outdoor fireplace. Well, maybe not so much. But we had a lot of time to compare stories and talk about previous trips.

Tomorrow will be the large group ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment